What is Minneapolis Building Trades?
The Minneapolis State Building Trades Council is the advocate voice for unionized building and construction workers in Minneapolis.
The main missions and goals of the trades council were:
- Organize and harmonize the activities and interests of its affiliates to form an efficient central organization
- Advance the principles of trade unionism among all the building trades workers
- Engage in legislative and judicial activity to protect as well as promote the interests of building and construction trades unions and the members to advance the importance of the building trades
- Engage in research and legal activities to advance the interests of affiliated unions and the members in the construction trades industry
Common Workplace Injuries
Accidents and mishappenings occur on a daily basis at the workplace. Injuries are common for workers at the building and construction sites. There are stringent safety regulations and collective bargaining agreements within the unions. But these can not always prevent accidents.
- A construction worker might slip and fall on the equipment or concrete floor. Fabricated equipment may cause lacerations and deep cuts that need stitches.
- Overexposure to toxic chemicals like manganese can lead to chest pain, and lung problems and require treatment.
- Workers might even fall from a scaffolding and break bones, suffer spinal injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
- Site workers also face the risk of suffering from crushed limbs or fingers while performing their duties.
- Workers may be a victim of traumatic brain injuries caused due to slipping.
- Falling from heights
- Scaffold collapsing
- Improper use of equipment or faulty equipment
- Repetitive motion injuries
Compensation offered to Minneapolis building and construction trades council members is a no-fault system, so regardless of the situations leading up to the accident, employers have to cover all the medical expenses caused by such injuries.
How Can Lawyers Help Minneapolis Building Trades?
All injuries, minor and major that are sustained while at work are completely covered under the workers’ compensation provided by the Minneapolis Building Trades. It is your primary responsibility to protect your legal rights by following the steps previously listed. Do not try to deal with the insurance company on your own, all by yourself because they might pressurize you into signing documents that might result in loss of your rights. The lawyers associated with the Minneapolis building and construction trades council will help you get your filed claim started. An attorney familiar with the workers’ compensation will help you with further proceedings. If you have been injured at your workplace, lawyers of the legal team will get you the financial compensation and medical help that you need.